SELF-SERVICE, ON-DEMAND CYBERSECURITY PROGRAM
The Tech Data Cyber Range now offers RangeForce an online, gamified training program that gives partners a way to offer advanced threat training to IT professionals. Both partners and IT professionals can experiment with authentic simulations all within a safe, protected environment. Our RangeForce users will gain the ability to recognize and contain threats, identify and fix weaknesses and utilize the latest threat hunting tools to minimize the risk of a successful cyberattack. .
Partners and end users can remotely access hands-on programming and obtain the real-world experience needed to quickly detect and respond to the latest cyber threats and system vulnerabilities.
HOW DOES EACH TRAINING SESSION WORK?
The cloud-based platform enables system integrators, consultants and MSPs to deliver hands-on learning for cybersecurity and IT professionals. Once a module is launched, RangeForce provisions a virtual machine where the user must successfully accomplish a security task related to what they learned. In order to proceed to the next step, the user must provide the right answer to the security challenge before they can proceed to the next step.
RangeForce provides 150 modules covering a wide range of topics including: security operations, web app security, DevSecOps, cloud, ICS/SCADA.
- Focus on mastering a specific skill
- Online & Individual learning paths
- 0.5-1 hours
- A game for testing defense skills
- 1-8 hours
- Incident Response
- Virtual Trainer
- Realistic Network Simulations – RangeForce’s simulation environment delivers advanced cyberattacks against enterprise networks that reflect real-world environments.
- Virtual Teaching Assistant – Get timely support and advice when you need it from our Virtual Teaching Assistant to master complex subject matters.
- Attack Bot – The RangeForce Attack Bot, our virtual red-team, will surprise you with stealthy targeted attacks right out of the headlines.
- Comprehensive Reporting Dashboard – RangeForce allows partners to track their team’s strengths and weaknesses through a single point of visibility. The quantitative analysis combined with targeted training will enable your team to become experts faster.
- Game Engine – A gaming engine that transforms training lessons into engaging and dynamic learning experiences, with just the right amount of competition and incentives to keep things interesting.
- Platform-as-a-Service – The RangeForce platform is the most advanced cloud-based cyber skill training and cyber range platform. Always accessible, you don’t need to buy or manage hardware or software.
DEMO MODULES:Introduction to the RangeForce Training Platform
Reverse Engineering II
In this module, you are going to learn how to recover a password from a program by reverse engineering it with Ghidra. Ghidra is a software reverse engineering framework created by the National Security Agency (NSA) of the USA. It includes a variety of tools that helps users analyze compiled code on a variety of platforms including Windows, macOS, and Linux. Its capabilities include disassembly, assembly, de-compilation, and many others.
Splunk is a tool that captures, indexes, and correlates real-time data which can then be used to generate graphs, reports, alerts, dashboards, and visualizations. In this module, you will learn how to use a Splunk instance which is fed by web transaction, database activity, and system security logs. You will also get familiar with this data as well as the search capabilities that Splunk has to offer.
Yara Rule Generation
Malware detection is often done through the identification of certain features of known malicious files. YARA is a tool that identifies malware by creating descriptions that look for certain characteristics. In this module, you will learn how to use yarGen to create new custom Yara rules to check for malware which shares features with previous samples of malware you have received.
Questions about RangeForce? Contact email@example.com for more information.